It isn’t under normal circumstances, but the Bell MTS Iceplex is open for hockey training on a very limited basis.
Bell MTS Iceplex General manager David Sattler sent along the Bell MTS Iceplex’s new safety Protocols:
- For all sessions, the ratio of instructors to participants will be equal. To accommodate the training needs of as many Jets Hockey Development customers as possible, sessions will be offered as full and half ice. To book sessions please email email@example.com, due to provincial health regulations limited capacity is available.
- With the current COVID-19 pandemic and current public health orders, what was once considered normal is no longer. As a result, a number of precautionary protocols and procedures have been implemented to provide safety to the participants and staff.
If you or anyone in your household are feeling sick, please do not come to the Iceplex. Your session will be rescheduled or if another session cannot be booked a refund will be provided.
GENERAL PARTICIPANT PROTOCOLS:
- Participants will not be able to enter the Bell MTS Iceplex until fifteen (15) minutes prior to the start of their ice time and must vacate the premises fifteen (15) minutes after the session has concluded.
- All participants must be dressed in their equipment except for their skates, gloves and helmets when entering the facility. It is encouraged for those that want to put their equipment on in the parking lot that they bring their own chair or small bench. Parking spaces will be altered to ensure proper physical distancing.
- At this time only one personwill be allowed to accompany the participant into the facility.
- All visitors to the facility that are not participants will have to wear a mask while in the facility. These individuals will be directed to a space in the arena where they will have to remain while in the facility, except for utilizing the washroom. No outside food or beverage will be allowed in the facility.
Once arriving to the Iceplex please call our check-in desk at 204-926-5887to complete a screening process for both the participant and guardian that includes the following questions:
- Do you feel sick today?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, runny nose, headache?
- Have you or anyone in your household experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household been outside of Manitoba in the last 14 days?
- Have you been exposed to anyone diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus?
RETURN TO PLAY PROTOCOL
For JHD sessions please enter the Iceplex utilizing the main facility doors located on the south side of the facility. When entering the Iceplex you are required to utilize the hand sanitizer station located at the entrance and proceed to the check-in desk. You will be greeted by a Bell MTS Iceplex staff member who will direct you to your skate tying area. No access to hallways, dressing rooms or showers will be provided. The main floor washroom will be available for the participants.
For Icelab customers please enter the facility using the Icelab entrance on the west side of the facility. Upon entering utilize the hand sanitizing station located in the entrance and proceed to the Remax Arena. Skate tying locations are located to the left and parents and guardians are to the right.
Prior to entering the facility you must call the check-in desk to complete the screening process.
Your skate tying chair will be yours for the duration of the session, this area is not secure, so we ask that all valuables be kept at home. The skate tying chair will be sanitized after each use. Only use the chair that you have had assigned, do not use any other area or space to tie skates or change.
Once you have put your skates on you are asked to remain by you chair until the instructor greets you and welcomes you onto the ice. Chairs will be spaced appropriately so that all participants remain more than six feet apart.