The Winnipeg Jets have announced the team’s promotional schedule for the coming 2021-22 National Hockey League season, which kicks off on Wednesday, October 13 in Anaheim with a road test against the Ducks.
Winnipeg begins its preseason on Sunday, September 26 with a home game against Ottawa, before suiting up against the Edmonton Oilers on Wednesday, also from Canada Life Centre. The six-game preseason concludes on Friday, October 8, while the team’s first home date of the 2021-22 season is on Thursday, October 21, which just so happens to also be against the same Ducks that the Jets opened the season against just one week prior.
Each of the three exhibition games will feature a celebration of frontline workers. In appreciation of the work that has been exhibited throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the Jets will honour the dedication and commitment of various frontline workers – including healthcare workers, teachers, grocery store workers, truck drivers and more – with a random draw for tickets and through the efforts of various generous season ticket holders.
Frontline workers are also encouraged to enter a random draw to win tickets to one of the three pre-season games at WinnipegJets.com/TICKETS/
Additionally, the Jets will also host 11 promotional events, which are listed below. Giveaways, specialty jersey nights, prizes and contests will also be available throughout the season.
- Oct. 21 – Home Opener to welcome fans back to Canada Life Centre
- Nov. 13 – Canadian Armed Forces Night
- Month of November – Hockey Fights Cancer (HFC) 10th anniversary campaign throughout the month of November with the HFC game taking place Nov. 22
- Dec. 14 – Winnipeg Jets Toy Drive
- Jan. 8 – Go Green Night
- Jan. 25 – NHL’s #HockeyTalks Game
- March 8 – Gender Equality Game
- March 22 – Pride Night
- March 27 – Next Generation Game
- April 2 – WASAC (Winnipeg Aboriginal Sports Achievement Centre) Game (fourth annual), which will again welcome Indigenous youth for a weekend of special initiatives
- April 29 – Fan Appreciation Night
- Oct. 23 – Scotiabank scarf
- Nov. 9 – Heritage licence plate keychains
- Dec. 19 – Snow globe
- Jan. 27 – Posters
- March 15 – Mini jerseys
- April 6 – Bobbleheads
The Winnipeg Jets will also be wearing the Heritage Blue third sweater and kit 14 times this season. The full list of dates includes: Nov.9, 11, 13, and 16, Dec. 14, 17 and 19, Jan. 15 and 16, March 15 and 18, and April 2,6, and 8.