The Manitoba Women’s High School Hockey League is reminding its players to consider applying for its MWHSHL Scholarship Program prior to the March 23, 2023 deadline.
With financial compensation handed out annually to the tune of $3,500.00 ($2,500.00 – MWHSHL Graduating Player Scholarships and $1,000.00 – McKenna Riley Memorial Scholarship), the MWHSHL Scholarship Program was established to support league players wishing to continue their involvement in sports and their active healthy lifestyles, while pursuing a post-secondary education on a full-time basis.
Eligible players are encouraged to consider applying through the application form.
Scholarships are awarded to select graduating league players entering a post-secondary institution directly from high school, who have competed in the current season, maintained a high level of academic standing, performed at a high level in hockey and other sports in their school and community, and have been involved in playing, coaching, officiating or volunteering in various activities in their school and community.
The value of each scholarship award ranges from $500-$2500 based on the number of recipients in a season. The MWHSHL Scholarship recipients are selected by committee, and announced at the annual Excellence & Leadership Awards Gala.
APPLY NOW – Up to $3500 available. Deadline March 23. Please visit the PROGRAMS section of the website to view the Scholarship Opportunties.
MWHSHL Graduating Player Scholarships – $2500 https://t.co/SsYjIzcecw pic.twitter.com/Fj888qQyki
— MWHSHL (@mwhshl_mb) March 5, 2023
1. Applicants must have participated in the Winnipeg Women’s High School Hockey League in their graduating year as a member of a team in the MWHSHL, and
2. Be attending university or college as a full-time student or with a minimum of 18 credit hours in the next regular academic sessions, and
3. Have submitted a completed application form, along with all required information, by the application submission deadline.
1. The Scholarship Committee from the MWHSHL will review applications.
2. A League representative will notify scholarship winners and their schools.
3. The scholarship winners will be announced at the annual awards banquet.
4. The League will advise candidates who are not successful. All decisions of the Scholarship committee are final.
Submission & Deadline Information
Please submit your completed application, along with the required information identified, by mail, e-mail or in person no later than THURSDAY, March 23, 2023 at 4 PM.
Download the Application Form.
For more information, please contact:
Ken Lazaruk, MWHSHL Referee-in-Chief & Treasurer
236 Waterloo St., Winnipeg, R3N 0S5
Tel: (204) 299-6558